Michael
Lione-Listening Journal #8
This week’s Listening Journal
focuses on Chapters 15 in the book American Popular Music.
The one recording I listened to
was “Bodysnachers” by Radio Head. This song was first recorded in 2007. This
song was one of Radio Head’s biggest hits. The song opens with a guitar riff
and outlines the main melody of the song. The lyrics of the song talks about a
person that is incarcerated inside of his own body. The lyrics seem to be in
the first-person subject. The singer talks about not being able to connect to
the people around him. The guitar is heard throughout the song and takes the
lead and reverb in several instances. During my listening, this song has
aspects that resemble rock music from the 1950’s and 1960’s. Although I have
never heard this song before, I really enjoyed listening to this song. I will
try to listen to more Radio Head music in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment